A Disgusting Supermarket of Death collects hard-boiled shorts about satanic Christmas movies, performance-art euthanasia, child-sacrifice skincare, and other demented goodness from Jim Harberson, co-author of Markosia’s acclaimed graphic novel, Stay Alive. The characters you’ll meet within include:
- a corrupt prison warden who sells true crime fanatics a serial killer meet and greet;
- healthcare workers who cause a massive car pile-up so they can murder its victims;
- a Hollywood undertaker who sells rich perverts carnal access to recently departed celebrities;
- secret cutting club members whose existence presages a bloody nightmare at their high school;
- a supermodel who, while recovering from plastic surgery at a Swiss clinic, discovers that she has simultaneously washed up dead on a tropical beach;
- an overeager life coach who cyberstalks and surreptitiously abuses her clients to better them;
- an OCD sufferer whose irrational fear of being falsely suspected of murder sends him on a neighborhood killing spree;
- a health insurer using insidious tactics to discourage patients from seeking costly care; and,
- police officers who mysteriously murder their colleagues and each other after executing a lethal, botched raid.
Horror tinged with comedy, or comedy tinged with horror, these stories should delight even the most jaded speculative fiction fans.
Written by James C. Harberson III, A Disgusting Supermarket Of Death is out now and available to order from the links below.